About Us | Success Stories
Going from Zero to 60 sometimes takes more than
T-Force represents Panasonic Toughbook Professional Services
Panasonic Solutions Company
Panasonic Solutions Company (PSC) manufactures the Toughbook line of rugged laptops. While the sales team was wildly successful in selling hardware, they were unable to transfer these skills to selling professional services. PSC chose Top Gun to train their team in solution selling.
- Get their sales teams to realize that laptops are part of a larger solution which required installation, maintenance and support service to complete the solution.
- Create additional review streams as a method to fend-off the eroding margins which are common in the PC/Laptop industry.
- Find a way to “entangle” their customers. In the past, once a laptop was sold, it could be three or more years before Panasonic had a reason to engage the customer again. At that point, the sales cycle started anew as opposed to constant contact where they could be constantly engaged with their customers, making the sales cycle easier.
So, where did we begin?
- Top Gun Sales met with the executive team to completely understand the strategic objectives, the tactical limitations, and the organizational/political environment and how that could help or inhibit the project.
- We provided business consulting to evaluate the competition, understand the market demands, create the business model (costs, pricing, logistics, operations), created the product specification, product descriptions, legal documents (T&Cs) for Panasonics approval, and…
- We provided expertise that enabled the delivery of the services and IT consulting to a third-party partner to create the required IT systems to support the new processes.
- Created a comprehensive training approach (web-based and classroom) to teach all shareholders how to present, sell, and fulfill the new services.
- Joined the sales teams and implementation teams to help them embrace this new mindset and these new products.
It’s in the pudding...or in this case, in the sales…
- PSC changed as a company. It was transformed from a hardware sales company to the first stages of a solutions provider that stays engaged with its customer base.
- Sales of Professional Services went from $0 to over $28MM in less than four years
- PSC consistently outperforms its peer companies in sales growth, margin, and customer satisfaction.
- Top Gun is still engaged today, continuing to train new sales reps and creating new services as the business requires.